Mango Habeñero Jam
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 habañero, ½ the seeds removed, minced
- ¼ cup silver or white rum
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients, and bring them to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher, simmer for another 15 minutes, and mash one more time.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and allow the jam to cool completely.
- Transfer the jam to a jar. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Pairings for the jam
Glaze this spicy-sweet spread over fish, chicken, or even roasted carrots. Feeling spicy? Add a dollop to the Smoked Salmon Bowl for a little extra heat.