Heirloom Tomatoes with Herbs & Olive Oil
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 lb heirloom tomatoes of various sizes and colors, sliced
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped dill fronds
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 2 oz extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp flake salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes on a serving dish, and sprinkle them with the fresh herbs.
- Spoon the olive oil and sherry vinegar over the tomatoes and herbs.
- Season with flake salt and black pepper and enjoy.
Pairings for heirlooms
Pour a glass of sauvignon blanc with gentle notes of stone fruit and citrus to highlight the tomatoes’ sweetness. You could also put them on avocado toast (in true millennial fashion).