Yield: About 4 cups
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 4 cups mixed nuts of your choice, e.g., almonds, walnuts, pecans, and cashews
- ¼ cup seeds of your choice, e.g., pepitas or sunflower
- Preheat the oven to 300º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg white, vanilla extract, and water and whisk until frothy.
- Add the sugars, cinnamon, salt, cayenne, and paprika to the egg white and gently whisk together.
- Fold the nuts and seeds into the egg mixture using a rubber spatula
- Transfer the nuts and seeds to the baking sheet, spreading them evenly. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through so that they don’t stick together.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and slide the parchment paper with the nuts onto the countertop to stop the cooking process and cool the nuts faster.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.