Hibiscus & Lemon Cocktail
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ oz lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 ½ oz Hendrick’s gin
- Crushed ice
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- To make the hibiscus tea: In a glass measuring cup, steep the hibiscus tea in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bag and place the tea in the fridge for an hour or until chilled.
- To make the cocktail: Fill a shaker ¼ full with ice, add the lemon juice, simple syrup, tarragon, 2 slices of jalapeño, and gin and shake heartily for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled ¾ full with crushed ice.
- Top with the chilled hibiscus tea — pausing for just a moment to appreciate the beautiful swirl of colors — and then garnish the drink with a slice of jalapeño and a lemon wheel and serve immediately. Huzzah!