Chicken Thighs, Andouille & Citrus
- ¼ cup quality honey
- 1 Tbsp garlic chile sauce
- 6 chicken thighs with bones and skin on
- 1 lb precooked andouille sausage link, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 orange, cut into 4 slices
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 slices
- 1 ½ lb baby potatoes (red or gold)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 8 oregano sprigs, picked and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey and chili sauce.
- Add the chicken thighs, toss to combine, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the andouille sausage pieces, orange, lemon, potatoes, olive oil, shallots, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Note:strong if you prefer the potatoes al dente, you can add them to the pan after the first 30 minutes of baking.
- In a large gratin pan or a baking dish measuring 9 x 13 inches, arrange the sausage and potato mixture. Add the chicken skin-side-up, and gently press it into the potato and sausage mixture. The skin should be exposed so it gets nice and crispy during the cooking process. Bake for 60 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165º on an instant-read thermometer.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley.