Chewy Granola Bars
Servings: 16 to 20
- 3 Tbsp canola oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Grease a baking pan measuring 9 x 9 inches. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving about a 1-inch overhang on two sides of the pan.
- In a medium pot, heat the canola oil over medium heat, add the oats, and stir until they are golden and fragrant, about 6 to 7 minutes, being careful not to burn them. Transfer the oats to a large bowl to cool.
- Stir in the flaxseed meal, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until it’s evenly distributed.
- Stir in the pecans, almonds, pepitas, dried blueberries, and white chocolate chips, until evenly distributed.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, spread it evenly, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the bars to a cooling rack, and allow them to cool completely before cutting them into 16 to 20 bars. Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 5 days.